Each student MUST have their own equipment to complete the required deliverable tasks. Each student MUST have their own equipment to complete the required deliverable tasks. While you may substitute items, doing so is at your own risk and may prevent you from completing assigned tasks.
Wilderness First Aid Equipment List:
NOTE: IF YOU NEED TO ORDER ITEMS FROM SELF RELIANCE OUTFITTERS YOU MUST DO SO NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO CLASS TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE YOUR GEAR. ORDERS CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO THE SCHOOL PROPERTY FOR PICK UP.
The Pathfinder 10 C’s
The course will incorporate the 10 C's of Survivability. Please separate the 10 C's into an easily accessible backpack or haversack (shoulder bag) as these will be used during this course and many others at the Pathfinder School.
- Knife: Should be non-coated with a 90 degree spine. (Mora Bushcraft Black, Mora Garberg, or PKS Scorpion.)
- Folding Saw (Bahco Laplanderor Silky Pocket Boy recommended)
- Combustion Devices: Fire Kit Components
- Two Bic Lighters
- 1/2” x 6” Ferrocerium Rod(DO NOT bring a small one!)
Cover: Emergency Shelter
- Pathfinder Survival Blanketor Emergency Shelter Kit
- Queen Size Wool Blanketor Two Twin Size (We recommend the Pathfinder Queen Size Wool Blanket)
- Two, 6mil, 55 gallon Drum Liners
- 50 -100ft Paracord
- 50 - 100ft #36 Tarred Bankline
- Container: Drinking & Cooking
- Pathfinder 32oz Bottle and Nesting Cup (or equivalent and MUST be wide mouth)
Compass / Coordinates
- Compass with bezel ring, sighting mirror and magnifying lens and non-lensatic (Suunto MC-2recommended)
- Ranger Pace Beads
- Pathfinder Map Toolor equivalent
- Optional but recommended; A GPS device that you would normally carry (your phone for example or a watch such as the Garmin Instinct)
Cloth & Repair
- XXXL or XXL Blaze Orange T Shirt (100% Cotton and will be destroyed during class)
- #14 Sail Needle
Candling Device: Lighting
- Headlamp with Spare Batteries (ex. LedLenser MH8 or equivalent)
- 1 Large Roll of Gorilla Tape (Not Standard Duct Tape)
Combination Tool: Multi Tools
- Leatherman Style Multi Tool or Swiss Army Knife
Additional items you WILL need:
- FAK (First Aid Kit: We recommend the Pathfinder SRO IFAK) Note: Here is a list of additional (optional) items to supplement the basic FAK kit.
- All Weather Notebook/ Journal (“Write in the Rain” or equivalent)
- Mechanical Pencils/ All Weather Pens (“Write in the Rain” or equivalent)
- Clothes appropriate for weather conditions (kneeling on dirt, mud, or snow for extended periods)
- Appropriate Personal Hygiene Items
- Bring any food & snacks that you need (no meals are provided).
- Bring all medications for personal use including bug sprays (especially those that repel ticks) and sunscreen as well as first aid items that are appropriate for the outdoor environment (especially items like Tecnu for poison ivy)