Self Reliance Outfitters FAQs:
- General Questions
- Order Questions
- Shipping & Insurance Policies
- Rewards Program
- Warranty & Return Policies
- Pathfinder School Courses
- Company Statements
What are your hours of operation? Customer Service is open 9am to 3pm EST Monday thru Friday (we are closed all major holidays)
Do you have a retail store? No, we are online only.
Can I request personal modifications or customizations on a PKS Knife?
- We are sorry but no.
What time zone is your sales and promotions based on?
- Eastern Standard Time.
Do you offer Rain Checks or Extend Promotional Prices?
- No, I am sorry sale prices are only available during the promotional period.
How do I cancel an order?
- To cancel an order please call Customer Service at 317.791.8777 Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm (Eastern Standard Time). Once an order has been processed for shipment (meaning a label has been created) it cannot be cancelled. Sending an email will not guarantee it will be cancelled prior to shipping.
Can I add to an order?
- If your order has not started to be processed through our shipping department, you can modify the order. However, you must call Customer Service at 317.791.8777 to make modifications. Once an order has started processing through the warehouse, it cannot be modified, only cancelled.
What cards do you accept?
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay.
Do you accept check or money orders?
- Yes, we do. Make checks out to The Pathfinder School, and mail to Self Reliance Outfitters, 6050 Churchman Bypass, Indianapolis, IN 46203. If we do receive your payment within 14 business days, your order will be cancelled.
Shipping & Insurance Policies:
Are orders shipped insured?
- Yes, all orders were product total equals $25 or more, then the package is shipped insured. For more information about the insurance and claim process please click here.
How long does it take for an order to ship from the warehouse?
- Orders typically take 2 to 5 business days to process through our shipping department. During the holidays or during high-volume orders influxes, it may take up to 7 business days to process through our warehouse. UPS 2-DAY orders will be processed next business day.
How long will it take for my package to arrive?
- Once it leaves our warehouse, it will all depend on what shipping option you choose.
What shipping options do you offer domestically?
- Economy Shipping
- UPS Ground
- UPS 2-Day
- FedEx Ground.
What International shipping options do you have?
- USPS (Canada ONLY).
- To learn how to sign up, earn points, and redeem points please click here.
Warranty & Return Policy:
Can I send it back for an exchange?
- No, but you can send it back for a store gift to use towards your next purchase. Include a copy of your receipt or email confirmation and indicate what you wish to get a store gift card.
How will my refund be processed?
- Domestic customers:All refunds (including canceled orders) will be refunded by the original payment method or issued a store gift card if requested. If you paid by check or money order, then you will be issued a refund check or store gift card, if requested. Any refund on classes more than 60 days old may require a refund check being issued if store credit is not acceptable.
- International customers:Refunds (including canceled orders) will be refunded by the original payment method or issued a store gift card if requested. If you paid by check or money order, your only option is a store gift card. Any refund on classes more than 60 days old may be only available for a store gift card.
- Refunds on returned merchandise will be processed within seven (7) business days upon receipt of the returned merchandise.
Can I return an unwanted item?
- You may return any unused item (in its original packaging) within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the purchased price. We will not accept any new returned merchandise after 30 days (drop ship items are not returnable). Your return must be returned with your email confirmation or packing list from your original order, and indicate you would like a refund or store gift card.
- Drop Ship items are not returnable, and all sales are final except is case of a warranty issue. Warranty claims on drop ship items will be for exchange only.
- All returned merchandise (except warranties) are returned at your expense.
What is the warranty on your products?
- Most of our products (except PKS Knives & DIY Blanks) carry a 1 yr warranty. View the Pathfinder Promise for our warranty on our Pathfinder Stainless Steel gear - Click Here
- If you have questions about a warranty product issue, please contact our customer service at 317.791.8777 Monday thru Friday, 9 am to 3 pm (Eastern Standard Time) or email Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does your PKS DIY Blanks have a lifetime warranty?
- No, since they are a DIY item, and an unfinished knife, blanks come with a 6-month warranty.
What is the warranty on PKS Knives?
- All PKS knives (except DIY blanks) come with a lifetime workmanship warranty.
- Please contact customer service at 317.791.8777 or email Customer Support at email@example.com if you have questions about a warranty issue.
Pathfinder School Courses:
Where are your classes held?
- All of our classes are held at our school property in Jackson, Ohio - unless otherwise noted.
Do you hold classes at your Indianapolis, Indiana facility?
- We have held workshops/seminars & special events in the past. Those events will be on our calendar.
- The calendar can be found via this link: https://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.com/pages/pathfinder-survival-school-calendar
Is Dave Canterbury at all the classes?
- Dave is at almost all of the classes.
Who are your instructors at the Pathfinder School?
- To see all the instructor bios please click on this link - selfrelianceoutfitters.com/pages/the-pathfinder-school-instructors
- I am sorry but we cannot accept requests to be assigned to a specific instructor at your particular class.
Where is the school property in Ohio?
- The school property is in Jackson, Ohio.
Can I camp on the school property before & after the class?
- Yes, but due to property insurance restrictions, there will be no camping on the school property prior to or after the class.
- If you need to come in early or stay after the class, there are hotels in close proximity. Please visit this link to arrange for those accommodations.
Do classes get cancelled?
- We require a minimum of 5 to 10 students to conduct a class (depending on the class). If a class needs to be cancelled due to an insufficient number of registrations, you will be contacted by phone or email. You will then have the option to transfer to another class (if available), receive a store gift card, or a refund.
- Please note: The Pathfinder School LLC is not responsible for travel expenses, airline tickets, or other accommodations if a class is cancelled.
What if I need to cancel my registration for a class?
- Once you purchase a class for The Pathfinder School, the Pathfinder Gathering, or for a Self Reliance Outfitters store event, you have up to 14 days before the event or class to cancel and receive a refund. This provides us time to open the spot for someone else to purchase.
- Any cancellations past that threshold will not be eligible for a refund. A cancellation due to an emergency will be handled on a case-by-case basis and will only be eligible for a store gift card.
Product Patent Information:
- Our company developed a compact hunting system known as The Pocket Hunter, as well as the manufacturing process and proper formulation for the Inferno products. Hundreds of hours were spent field testing the performance of the products under various environmental conditions, resulting in full patents issued by the U.S.P.T.O. With that said, it is incumbent that we protect that investment. It is our policy to contact third parties who make, use, offer for sale or import products or services that may infringe our intellectual property rights.
The Pathfinder School LLC currently holds U.S.P.T.O patents on:
- Mini and Micro Inferno
- Pocket Hunter and Takedown Arrows
- We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Your payment and personal information are always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.