- Product Description
Compact lightweight folding saw with 5-inch blade that will take up very little room in your pocket or backpack. Nicknamed as "Little Giant" due to its extraordinary cutting capacity. This sleek saw features rust-resistant, hard chrome-plated, taper-ground blade with an impulse-hardened non-set tooth design for greater cutting efficiency. Utilizes proprietary Silky MIRAI-ME (Smooth Cutting) Technology - The Teeth of the Future! The precision-ground, razor sharp blade provide fast, clean and smooth cutting. The blade locks securely into one of two open positions, in line with the handle and flush cutting. The blade resists the effects of tree resin and easily wipes clean. The non-slip rubberized handle provides a sure and comfortable grip even in the most difficult operating conditions. Exceptional design, strength, balance and superior finish quality. Clear plastic flip-lock carrying case with belt clip is included. An ideal saw for your glove box or to carry on hikes. Made in Japan.
POCKETBOY is available in two blade lengths: 5-inch (130 mm), 8.5 tpi - Medium (soft wood),
- 5-inch (130 mm) blade length
- 8.5 teeth per inch (10 teeth per 30 mm) teeth configuration
- 0.35 pounds (160 grams) operating weight; 0.5 pounds (220 grams) weight with carrying case
- Clear plastic flip-lock carrying case with belt clip is included
- Product applications include pruning & trimming, lawn & garden, hunting & outdoors
- Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
Made in Japan
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
After seeing this saw on "Corporal's Corner" I decided to give it a try. I have several folding saws, most have a 7" blade and made in China, Most I'd only rate at 2-3 stars. This one from SRO, the Silky 5" blade Pocketboy cut a 3" hard wood and softwood 3-4 times faster than all 7 of the other brands I own. The saw itself is well made and sturdy and is just as sharp as when I took it out of the package. The plastic case it come with is very sturdy and well made but I'm going to make a leather one for taking out in the woods that would be more useful for me so I can attach it to my belt or pack. I bet I'll be able to hand this down to great grandson. Great job from SRO
This is a handy saw to keep in your pack at all times, this really helps with all cutting tasks. Get one you won't regret it.
I used the word "little" because the blade length is shorter than that of some other saws on the market, but at 5" it will process a lot of wood. Blade is extremely sharp, locking mechanism is tight. I just wish it would come with something other than a plastic sheath.
I purchased this little saw a couple of years and is still sharp and works great. I take it everywhere with me when im out in the field. for a small saw you can do a lot with it. Don't let it's size fool you. It's a great saw for the price and will last you a long time.