- Product Description
The Silky Outback Edition hand saws feature a handle made of arbor composite which provides excellent grip and control for wet, cold, and game-processing conditions. The blade can cut bone and wood and is black-plated with a nickel/tin blend to improve durability and reduce reflection for stealth, low-impact activities. 170mm Straight
- BLADE LENGTH: 240mm Curved
- TEETH PITCH: 8 (6.8 tpi)
- WEIGHT: 0.63 lbs. (288g)
- NON-SET TEETH: Taper ground to reduce resistance for smoother, easier, and faster cutting.
- IMPULSE-HARDENED: The teeth of the blade are heated and hardened to stay sharp three times longer than non-hardened teeth.
- MIRAI-ME: Featuring 4 cutting angles along the blade for rip-cutting, cross-cutting, and slant cutting, leaving a smooth surface every time.
- BLACK PLATING: Blacking plating allows the entire blade, including the teeth, to be coated with a unique, highly durable Nickel / Tin blend. It provides longer blade life and improved cutting performance.
Made in Japan
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
Although I haven't been able to use the saw yet it appears to be an excellent peice of gear. As are all of my other Silky saws. The teeth o. The outback edition are extremely aggressive. I expect it to preform very well.
Very nice! Well built.
This tool makes short work of everything great in the woods!! An essentail that just keeps on giving, and saves you time. Quality made in Japan!! Another great product available from Self Reliance Outfitters!!
I’ll swear by the Laplander any day for “routine” cuts of any wood material. But for thicker limbs and trunks the Silky 240 is definitely a time saver. There’s plenty of room to debate if the bushcraft edition is better than the standard or worth the price but: I was in the market for it, it’s difficult to find by me, SRO had it in stock (it was sold out for quite a while) and…I was ordering other items from SRO so I figured why not? ;)
Love your products, hope to come to a class soon.