*Not eligible to be used with other discounts or coupon codes.
The Hults Bruk American Felling Axe by Dave Canterbury is an American-style, straight-handled axe.
Felling large trees the traditional way is an art requiring skill and a proper axe. Understanding the features of a tool, and the tool’s intended purpose, are key elements to consider when creating the perfect woodsman’s axe. By meticulously pairing the right style of axe head with the right kind of handle, the American Felling Axe drops dense, large sized trees effectively, allowing the user to work longer without tiring. Featuring a straight, 32-inch American hickory handle to reduce wrist pivoting on the swing and a renowned, reliable Montreal pattern axe head. Useful for more than just felling, the pattern features wide cheeks for splitting and a long, razor sharp bit for felling, bucking and processing wood.
The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening's.
The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Overall Weight: 5 lbs.
- Head Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Handle Length: 32"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory
Note: This item is not eligible for flat rate shipping. Carts with this item will be charge standard shipping rates.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Economy Flat Rate - average transit time is 3 to 7 business days; however, most arrive in 3 to 4 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day Air - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- USPS First Class International - average transit 7 to 21 business days (certain countries)
- USPS Priority International - average transit 6 to 10 business days
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days