Pure & Simple Wool Blanket - featuring the Pathfinder LOGO
The soft-touch and added warmth of twice-napped virgin wool. The Altitude is slightly heavier than the Utility. It’s also a touch warmer and more breathable because it’s made from 100% virgin wool. It’s the kind of outside-friendly blanket that camps, cabins, and hotels love for its extra loft, warmth, and versatility - as comfortable on your bed as it is around the campfire.
- 100% Virgin Wool
- Machine washable
- Approx Weight: 6.2 lbs
- Color: Green
- Size: 90" x 96" - MADE IN USA
What's So Great About Wool?
WOOL IS WATER RESISTANT.
The quality that distinguishes wool fibers from hair or fur is the presence of a hard, water-repellent outer layer that surrounds each hollow fiber, overlapping like shingles on a roof. The fiber's core absorbs up to 30% of its weight in moisture vapor without becoming damp or clammy, while the hard outer layer protects against outside liquid moisture. Water is repelled, but humidity is absorbed, and that helps with thermal regulation.
WOOL IS MOISTURE WICKING.
Besides keeping outside moisture away from the skin, wool also wicks away perspiration. When you sweat, that sweat cools your skin-which is not what you want when it's cold outside. Wool fibers absorb perspiration and wick it away from your body, thus keeping you warm and dry.
WOOL IS A WONDERFUL INSULATOR.
The crimp of the wool produces insulating air spaces that retain body heat. These warm air pockets next to the skin are kept dry while the hollow wool fibers absorb moisture vapors and the hard outer surface moves liquid moisture away from the body.
WOOL REGULATES TEMPERATURE AND IS BREATHABLE.
Wool has a very wide comfort range, essential for adapting to changing weather conditions. This unique property makes wool the perfect fiber to be used in the production of outerwear because it has the versatile ability to warm in colder conditions and cool in warmer conditions.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Economy Flat Rate - average transit time is 3 to 7 business days; however, most arrive in 3 to 4 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day Air - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- USPS First Class International - average transit 7 to 21 business days (certain countries)
- USPS Priority International - average transit 6 to 10 business days
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days