Camping is Walk In Only! Food is NOT Provided, Facilities are Porta-Potties ONLY!
***Basic Equipment Required List***
Each student who wishes to be eligible for a Basic Patch will need to have their own complete kit.
NOTE: IF YOU NEED TO ORDER ITEMS FROM SELF RELIANCE OUTFITTERS YOU MUST DO SO NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO CLASS TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE YOUR GEAR. ORDERS CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO THE SCHOOL PROPERTY FOR PICK UP.
If you do not have these items listed below you may not be able to complete deliverables required to achieve certification for this class!
- Knife - Carbon Steel Blade (Mora Bush Craft Black is an approved knife although its not full tang),
The Six things your knife must have to assist you in passing a Pathfinder Basic Class
- Be at least a 5" blade.
- Be High Carbon Steel.
- Be Full Tang.
- Have a 90 degree Spine.
- Be able to Strike with Flint.
- Be a NON coated blade
- Folding Saw
- Multi Tool
- 5x Magnification Lens (5x minium)
- (2) 1/2" x 6" Ferro Cerium Rod
- All Weather Blanket Re-useable
- Water Bottle (Stainless Steel 32oz with nesting cup) Stainless Steel ONLY is REQUIRED. Plastic, Alumium, and Titanium WILL NOT work for this class.
- (3) - 55 Gallon Drum Liners 3 Mil
- 1 Roll of #36 Bankline
- 100ft of 550 Paracord
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- (3) - 3'x3' 100% cotton material
- Compass with bezel ring, mirror and magnifying lens (NON Lensatic)
- (1) Duct Tape 2" x 35 yards (Gorilla Brand)
- Repair Cargo/Sail Needle
- Dry Bag 30 liter Capacity
- (2) Bic Lighters
Journal & (3) Pencils (Carpenter Type)
- Clothes appropriate for weather conditions in this area!
- Shelter & Sleeping Gear appropriate for the region
- Appropriate Hygiene Items
- Bring any food & snacks that you need (no meals are provided)
- Bring any and all medications for personal use including bug sprays (especially those that repell ticks) as well as first aid items that are appreciate for the outdoor environment (especially items for posion ivy).
You can camp with a Tent or Hammock. You are not limited to what you may bring. However, activities do become a little intense at times and there will be deliverables (assignments) everyday that you must do to pass the course.
Equipment not brought by students that is required may prevent participation in certain excerises and/or completion of the class. Equipment may or may not be available for purchase at the class location.