- Product Description
Auger Bit Kit
- 3/4" Auger Bit
- 1/2" Auger Bit
- 3/8" Auger Bit
- Doweling Jig
The handle opening inside diameter is 1". Lengths of the bits will vary a little.
Made in the USA
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
Well made; sharp
I've used only the 3/4" one so far, and I am happy with it. Dave always says that each piece of kit should have multiple functions. I was struggling with that until a made a deep bore through a piece of dried Alder. The chips removed make very good tinder! Multi-function achieved. I also have some HFH old auger bits that don't auger very well. I now know what the cutting edges are supposed to look like. Good kit.
The quality and design is outstanding, but for the sake of anyone who intends to get this kit and use it in the woods I would suggest two things: add some brightly colored electrical tape or paracord to the top of the bits in case they get dropped into the leaf litter and make or buy a device to clip all the bits and jig together when not in use. A carabiner with some blaze orange paracord loops for holding the bits and jig is what I opted for. Gives you a way to keep this organized in your pack and if you drop one, you've got a bright color to assist in recovery.
Bought as a Christmas gift for my father. He was excited to get it, has tried to order for a while but goes out of stock quickly! Seems happy with it. Has not been used at this point.
As always, a great item for our bushcraft fun! Thanks, Dave!