1.7lb Wood-Craft Camp Carver w/ 16" Curved Handle, with a Leather Mask:
- 5160 Steel
- 16” Curved Premium Hickory handle
- 26 oz. Head weight (737 grams)
- 25-28 deg. Flat-grind bit bevels
- 4” Bit length
- 15.75” +/- Overall length (nominal)
- Hardened poll
- 90 deg. Spine
- Large hatchet eye
- Bearded blade
- Welted Leather mask
The Camp Carver is designed to be a multi-use bushcraft/camping axe, and a “gateway drug” into the world of carving and green-woodworking/sloyd.
The design has its heritage in the larger riggers axes of North America, the bearded axes of Northern Europe, and the hatchets that are often modified into camp tools.
It’s a carver (bushcraft axe) that you don’t have to feel bad about bringing into the woods with you, or letting it get dirty while doing camp-chores.
With a swept toe, flat-grind, large bit length, bearded blade, and a radius under the hammer poll for the web of the user’s hand, it was made to choke up, shave, and do detailed work.
The poll is hardened and can be used like a hammer. It helps with balance of the head overall, and gives leverage when choking up.
It has a 90 deg. spine for scraping tinder and for using a ferro-rod to start fires.
The handle was patterned after a vintage design. It has a generous palm swell for added sense of security, a large hatchet eye to provide strength/durability, and a comfortable grip when choking up.
This axe will compete directly with many other axes in this popular weight class.
The axe will be a good tool for carvers, bushcrafters, green-woodworkers, trappers, hunters, backpackers, day-hikers, off-road bikers, campers, paddlers, tradesmen, ranchers, homesteaders, hobbyists and collectors.
It can be worn on a belt, in a hammer/hatchet holster, tucked inside or hung on the outside of a pack, with a sling, in a go-bag, or in a tool box.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Economy Flat Rate - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- FedEx International Economy - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- FedEx International Priority - average transit 1 to 3 business days