- Product Description
Can't be combined with other discounts or coupon codes.
The Hults Bruk Akka Forester’s Axe is a perfect companion for the wilderness and clearing forest trails.
The Akka features a long, curved 24” American hickory handle paired with a 1.5 lb. axe head for exceptional leverage and power in a lightweight package. The straight knife-ground edge and finger notch near the neck make carving tasks a joy. With a total weight of just 2.2 lbs. the Akka is is ideal for overnight wilderness trips and fantastic for clearing forest trails.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed user’s manual.
- Overall Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Handle Length: 24"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
This is actually quite a bit smaller and lighter than I imagined when purchasing it. It's basically an oversized, 2 handed hatchet. The balance on it is very good and it is light enough to be used for finer carving and hammering things in camp. It doesn't carve as well as a scandi grind knife, but is better for planing off larger portions of wood. I got it to carry with a full pack in the field. The quality of it is awesome and it looks very cool too.
It chunks 3/4" to 1" per swing. I have a 12"x24"x8" titanium pack stove for my tent and this will process any kind of tinder/kindling/wood I can fit in it.
I think the ideal tree size is for this is around 6". It takes probably 20 swings to get through a solid piece of hardwood that size.
Absolutely beautiful! Handle grain orientation is nearly perfect. The edge is mirror polished back 3/4"and extremely sharp for a new axe. The only thing I've done with it is feather stick, I was amazed. I have knives that don't feather stick as well. I haven't used it other than that, as I have some tweaks I want to finish up. I need to do a few more coats of tang oil and burnish the handle, then I can put an overstrike guard on the handle. I am also going to blue the exposed metal on the head. The cover is very plain, nothing I would call embellished but that just fine with me.
This axe is ready to go right out of the box. It's all I can do not to go attack my neighbors big pile of seasoned cherry. Never even considered it, but I can see this as a one tool option. I would recommend this to everyone, you will absolutely ecstatic.
I will update with pictures when I finish the cosmetic stuff and comments when I get after that cherry.
You guys should send one of these to Cody, I'm sure he'll love it and his boy is just about to grow into it.
What a beautiful axe and great quality sheath! Unfortunately, the axe head was off alignment with the handle and i had to return it. In other words, when I looked down the handle the cutting edge was about 5 degrees off the centerline...or so. Enough to throw it off way too much.
The folks at SRO are excellent to deal with on returns! If i could rate them, i’d Give them a 12 out of 10!
Unfortunately, i’m worried about the QC at Hults.
I’ve ordered the Helko Black Forest so i’m curious how it will shape up.
Too bad there are no Gransfors on the shelf or I would have ordered one.