- Product Description
Can't be combined with other discounts or coupon codes.
The Hults Bruk Almike is a small all-purpose axe.
It is intended for tasks such as making kindling, doing light clearing and for any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt. This item has an axe head weight of one pound and a handle length of 16 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath and comes with a detailed users manual.
Overall Weight: 1 3/4 lbs.
Head Weight: 1 lb.
Handle Length: 16"
Head: Solid Swedish steel
Handle: Solid American Hickory
Made in Sweden since 1697
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- FedEx International Economy - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- FedEx International Priority - average transit 1 to 3 business days
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The hatchet was hair popping sharp out of the box. Took it out and split some wood and did some carving. It worked great. A latter stropped to razor sharp. Just the size hatchet that I was looking for.
This makes the second Hults axe I own, the other being the Classic Hunters Axe and regarding quality, this hatchet carries the same high quality craftsmanship and razor sharp edge as all the other Hults Bruks axes. What is nice about this is it is light weight and easily fits down inside your pack for short outings. Consider the outing you're going on and if you don't need a larger, heavier axe then this hatchet fits the bill nicely falling in that area between a heavy knife and a larger axe. It splits kindling easily, performs fine work suck as feather sticks, tender processing and notch sticks with ease. It will perform most of the camp chores anyone would encounter on most trips unless your at a lumberjack camp.