- Product Description
Home Manufacture of Furs and Skins, written by A.B. Farnham, explains how to make more money from your raw furs by tanning, dyeing, and manufacturing.
283 pages, 34 chapters, 91 illustrations.
1. Facts & General Principles for Fur & Skin Workers
2. Correct Modes of Skinning Fur Animals
3. Stretching and Curing Fur Skins
4. Handling Other Skins and Hides
5. Storing and Shipping Raw Furs
6. Indian Skin Dressing
7. Indian Fur Robes
8. Tools and Appliances for Tanning and Dressing
9. Tanning Materials and Terms
10. Tanning Formulas and Recipes
11. Preliminary Work, Soaking, Fleshing, De-greasing
12. Softening and Cleaning Skins
13. Small or Light Furs
14. Heavy Furs
15. Deer Skins and Buckskin
16. Sheep and Goat Skins
17. Miscellaneous Skins - Gator, Snake, Birds, Etc.
18. Fur Dyeing - Uses and Principles
19. Dyeing Material and Appliances
20. Colors and Formulas
21. Furriers' Tools and Supplies
22. Making Up Furs and Garments
23. Fur Robes
24. Fur Rugs, With and Without Mounted Heads
25. Trimmings and Natural Heads and Tails
26. Collars, Cuffs, and Odd Pieces
27. Coats and Capes
28. Caps, Mittens, and Gloves
29. Muffs and Neckpieces
30. Moccasins and Pacs
31. Utilizing Fur Waste
32. Cleaning, Repairing, and Storing
33. Prices for Tanning and Other Fur Work
PRINTED IN THE USA by A.R Harding Publishing
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
I’m thankful the old reliable proven writings are being reprinted
The books I ordered arrived quickly and were in excellent condition when I opened them.