- Product Description
The French Trade Knife
- Beautiful hand forged bush knife– new and unused
- 1095 High carbon steel blade hardened to Rockwell 59 (HRC 58-60)
- Blade is 5 3/8”long, 1” wide, and 3/32” (0.094”) thick
- OAL 9 1/2" approx
- Full tang knife with scandi-vex grind
- Nicely figured, hand-finished curly maple handle secured with two brass pins
- Lifetime Warranty on the Blade
- Comes with dark curly maple handle
- Sheath is not included
*These knives are made by hand and your knife may vary slightly from one pictured.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- FedEx International Economy - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- FedEx International Priority - average transit 1 to 3 business days
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
this is an update I cant remember when I got this knife but I bought direct from Jeff a while ago.
Jeff she still holds up great and is my campanion still. thank you jeff, thank you dave.
If your just getting into bushcrafting and need a knife, or if you just need a great knife that is higher quality than priced. buy this knife.
I have hundress of knives. From modern tactical high end pieces to period correct nostalgia designs from daggers to Bowies.
This French trade knife is the sharpest that I own. Sharp doesn't do it justice. Saying razor sharp is often a catch phrase, but in this case it is fact. So many knives with 1/4 inch spines out in the "bush" category, we forget just how sharp a much thinner blade can be. This French Trade knife is simple, but properly heat treated, and tempered. Just as it was in the 18th century- A slicer, cutting tool, and formidable weapon. I do not know Jeff, but I do know that he knows his business.
Jeff White French Trade Knife is best quality for the money if you want a great all around good knife. Love the grind on this knife
Purchased my second knife crafted by Jeff White from Self Reliance Outfitters. This is a beautifully made knife. The sleek design is perfect for in camp chores and food preparation. While not intended as a heavy duty survival knife, the French trade knife is an excellent cutting and slicing tool. Affordable pricing and a sharp, durable edge make this a high value knife purchase. As always the customer service and delivery time from Self Reliance Outfitters was second to none. Thanks!
Bought this for my wife in her kitchen rather than to carry in the woods & could not be more pleased. First class quality as always. Wouldn’t mind having a couple more somewhere down the road. Truly quality gear.