Blacksmithing 1 - Basic Concepts & Forming Metal
- Safety Glasses
- 1 Pair of Welding Gloves
- Hearing Protection
- Classes will be held at the Pathfinder Training Facility in Jackson OH
- Students are responsible for all meals and refreshments (water will be provided onsite)
- There are restrooms onsite at the Facility
- Basic Forge Set and Fuels
- Basic Equipment
- Types of Metal to use for items needed
- Heating metal and Forging Temperature/Fire Control
- Basic Hammer and Handling Techniques
- Using More advanced methods and tools
- Splitting and cutting metal
- Drifting and Punching Metal
- Hot Filing
- Fire Steel
- Squirrel Cooker
- Patch Knife
Meeting Location at 8am on the first day of class:
Exxon Gas Station located at 7575 Rte. 327 Wellston, OH 45692 (740) 384-4767 at 8am on the first day of class (unless otherwise noted in the individual class description). A Pathfinder Instructor will be there to meet you. From there you will be lead to the school property.
No Camping at the School will be permitted during this class. You must make your own arrangements for lodging (this is not covered in the cost of the class) with one of local hotels listed below:
605 E. Main St, Jackson, OH 45640 (740) 286-7581
Approx. 8.1 miles (12 minutes) from class meeting location.
Approx. 10.9 miles (27 minutes) from the School Property
972 E Main St, Jackson, OH 45640 (740) 286-3464
Approx. 7.7 miles (9 minutes) from class meeting location.
Approx. 10.4 miles (24 minutes) from the School Property
Red Roof Inn
1000 Acy Ave, Jackson, OH 45640 (740) 288-1200
Approx. 7.8 miles (10 minutes) from class meeting location.
Approx. 10.6 miles (24 minutes) from the School Property