The Black Forest Woodworker was originally designed for the renowned Black Forest of Germany. It is the quintessential tool for the experienced woodsman. This axe's compact size bestows substantial versatility, allowing it to be used as both a lightweight work axe and a dependable packing tool. The widened blade allows this axe to perform exceptionally well as a cutting tool, while still being able to handle moderate splitting work.
Each piece is handcrafted by Helko’s Master Smiths with over 170 years of expertise. Once the smith is satisfied with his work, the Helko crown logo is hammered into the head. No supplementary work, such as grinding, buffing, or painting is performed, thereby allowing each blade to proudly display its forging marks. As no two pieces are exactly alike, each axe is truly unique.
- Handmade in Germany by Helko's master smiths
- German C45 high grade carbon steel
- Handle is hand crafted in Switzerland from sustainably sourced and FSC certified Grade A American hickory
- Handle is individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Handle is coated with boiled linseed oil
- Helko crown logo is hammered into the axe head
- Hung by wooden wedge with additional steel ring wedge
- Open die drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- Includes 1oz bottle of Axe-Guard protective oil
- Includes Leather sheath
- Head Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Total Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Handle Length: 24 in
*Handle colors may vary, and we cannot guarantee color.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During holidays it could be slightly longer. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard US Mail - average transit time is 3 to 7 business days; however, most arrive in 3 to 4 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day Air - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- USPS First Class International - average transit 7 to 21 business days
- USPS Priority International - average transit 6 to 10 business days
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days