- Product Description
1.7lb Wood-Craft Camp Carver w/ 16" straight handle, with a Leather Mask:
1.7 lbs. Wood-Craft Camp Carver, 22 in. Straight Handle, with a high quality Leather Mask: The Council Tool Co.’s WOOD-CRAFT Camp Carver is designed to be a multi-use bushcraft/camping axe, and a carving axe for fine woodworking. The design has its heritage in the larger riggers axes of North America, the bearded axes of Northern Europe. It’s a carver (bushcraft axe) that you don’t have to worry about bringing into the woods with you, or letting it get dirty while doing camp-chores. With a swept toe, flat-grind, large bit length, bearded blade, and a radius under the hammer poll for the web of the user’s hand, it was made to choke up, shave, and do detailed work. The poll is hardened and can be used like a hammer. It helps with balance of the head overall, and gives leverage when choking up. It has a 90 deg. spine for scraping tinder and for using a ferro-rod to start fires in a pinch, or just for fun. The handle is straight for one or two handed use and can be cut to a custom size with a large hatchet eye to provide strength/durability, and a comfortable grip when choking up. The axe will be a good tool for carvers, bushcrafters, green-woodworkers, trappers, hunters, backpackers, day-hikers, off-road bikers, campers, paddlers, tradesmen, ranchers, homesteaders, hobbyists and collectors. It can be worn on a belt, in a hammer/hatchet holster, in or on a pack, with a sling, in a go-bag, or in a tool box.
Detailed specs on the axe are:
- 5160 Steel
- 16” Curved Premium Hickory handle
- 26 oz. Head weight (737 grams)
- 25-28 deg. Flat-grind bit bevels
- 4” Bit length
- 75” +/- Overall length (nominal)
- Hardened poll
- 90 deg. Spine
- Large hatchet eye
- Bearded blade
- Welted Leather mask
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
I'm a man who loves options and that is exactly what this camp carver gives with versatility. With its longer handle for bigger tasks utilizing momentum, to its hardened head for driving stakes and to not forget its head design to switch up for fine carving tasks. Highly reccomend.