- Product Description
The Flying Fox Woodsman is a multi-use camp hatchet in the Sport Utility Line, that was developed with specific design parameters, so that it functions well for wood-cutting chores, but also qualifies for competitive throwing in both major urban axe throwing organizations.
Optional Sheath - Natural Leather Mask
- Head weight… 1 lbs. 10 oz
- Bit length… 3 7/8”
- Hardened bit and poll
- The handle has a large hatchet eye, trimmed to 22” (Hickory)
- Leather mask is not included.
The overall design takes elements found in vintage hatchets from the mid-20th century, and gives modern affirmation to those hatchets from yesteryear.
This hatchet is unique In this market, as it is one of the very few hatchets that has a hardened poll. This poll can be used as a hammer to drive nails, spikes, and other fasteners, as well as aid in the process of construction, demolition, and some mechanical applications where a slight “adjustment” is needed.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard Shipping - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- DHL Express - average transit 1 to 6 business days
- USPS First Class (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 1 to 4 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail (CANADA ONLY) - average transit 6 to 10 business days
Great axe, as is the 16” handled version I also own. I would’ve liked the option of a curved handle, but other than that I’m very happy with it.