Scout Survival Equipment List
- Camping is Primitive and Walk-In Only
- Food is not provided, so bring adequate food and snacks
- Electrolyte drink mixes are recommended (Gatorade, Powerade, or Jello)
- Bathroom Facilities and Water will be found in what nature provides
The following items are the REQUIRED Items to be used for the completion of the Pathfinder Scout Survival course. Each student MUST have their own equipment to complete the required deliverable tasks. While you may substitute items, doing so is at your own risk and may prevent you from completing assigned tasks.
NOTE: IF YOU NEED TO ORDER ITEMS FROM SELF RELIANCE OUTFITTERS YOU MUST DO SO NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO CLASS TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE YOUR GEAR. ORDERS CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO THE SCHOOL PROPERTY FOR PICK UP.
Required Equipment List
- Bahco 24” Dry Wood Buck/ Bow Saw Blade
- Carbon Steel Knife
- Flint & Steel Kit with Char Tin
- Magnification Lens at least 5X
- Water Bottle (Stainless Steel 32oz with nesting cup)
- A minimum 8' x 8' Canvas Tarp
- Wool Blanket Queen Size or 2 Twins Size
- 25ft of Mule Tape
- 25ft of 1/2" Natural Rope (Sisal, Hemp, etc)
- 1 Roll of #36 Bankline
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- 3' x 3' 100% Cotton Material
- Compass with bezel ring & sighting mirror (Suunto MC2 Recommended)
- #14 Sail Needle
- Bush Pot or similar style container made of food grade metal at least 1.5 to 2qt.
- Ranger Pace Beads
- Weatherproof Journal & 3 Pencils
- Leather Gloves
- Fishing kit
- Food Tin Bag
- 1lb Jerky/Meat
- 1lb Rice
- 1lb Trail Mix
- 1lb Bread/Bannock Mix
- 1lb Oats & Honey/Granola, etc.
- 1lb Drink Mixes (Coffee, Tea, etc)
Additionally You will need:
- Clothes appropriate for weather conditions in this area!
- Bring any and all medications for personal use including bug sprays (especially those that repel ticks) as well as first aid items that are appropriate for the outdoor environment (especially items for poison ivy)