Introduction to Survival Class Required Gear
Intro to Survival Equipment List
- Camping is Primitive (Tent/Hammock) and Walk-In Only
- Electrolyte drink mixes are recommended (Gatorade, Powerade, or Jello)
- Port-a-Potties are located 400 yards from Base Camp and serve as the only means of restroom facilities
The following gear items will be needed & used during the Pathfinder Intro to Survival course.
NOTE: If you need to order any items from Self Reliance Outfitters please do so no later than two weeks prior to class to ensure you receive your order. Orders cannot be shipped to the school property for pick up.
- Backpack 35 Ltr Min
- Tent, Hammock/Tarp, Bivy
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Clothes for 3 Days 2 Nights
- Leather Gloves
- Pocket Knife or SAK
- Water Bottle x 2 1 Ltrs
- Bic Lighter
- Notebook w/Pencils or Pens
- Camera or Cell Phone
- Personal Hygiene and Medications
- Bug spray
You may camp with a Tent or Hammock and you are not limited to what you may bring. We recommend leaving coolers in vehicle and taking items out as needed during breaks as they are given.