Each student MUST have their own equipment to complete the required deliverable tasks. Each student MUST have their own equipment to complete the required deliverable tasks. While you may substitute items, doing so is at your own risk and may prevent you from completing assigned tasks.
Advanced Bushcraft Equipment List:
NOTE: IF YOU NEED TO ORDER ITEMS FROM SELF RELIANCE OUTFITTERS YOU MUST DO SO NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO CLASS TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE YOUR GEAR. ORDERS CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO THE SCHOOL PROPERTY FOR PICK UP.
Required Gear List:
- Belt knife (High Carbon Steel)
- Folding saw (big boy preferred) or buck saw
- Small axe 19” max (must have mask)
- Shovel (non folding CS type)
- Woodsman’s Pantry (empty)
- 2 cotton bags (empty)
- Leather Gloves
- PF skillet
- 64oz Bush-pot with baking rack
- Water bottle and cup or canteen and cup
- Flint & Steel Kit
- Magnify Lens (5x power & 1.5" diameter minimum)
- Empty steel tin with lid
- Oil Cloth or Canvas Tarp 10x10 minimum (no painters drop cloth)
- 3/4" or 1" gouge
- Wool Blanket Queen or 2 Twins
- 2 6mill contractor bags
- Emergency Space Blanket (reusable type)
- 100’ roll #36 bankline
- 100' roll #12 bankline
- 50’ 5/16” anchor rope
- Paracord ridgeline 30’
- Personal medication and hygiene
- Note book and pencils
- 1 Shemagh
- Compass (Sunnto MC2)
- Headlight with spare Batteries
- Clothing to match weather forecast
Additionally you will need:
- All Weather Notebook/ Journal
- 3 Pencils/ All Weather Pens
- Clothes appropriate for weather conditions.
- appropriate hygiene Items
- Bring any food & snacks that you need (we provide no meals)
- Bring all medications for personal use including bug sprays (especially those that repel ticks) as well as first aid items that are appropriate for the outdoor environment (especially items for poison ivy).
You may camp with a Tent or Hammock, and we do not limit you to what you may bring. We recommend leaving coolers in the vehicle and taking items out as needed during breaks as they are given.