Don't let the name fool you--these stones are one of the most versatile shapes around for sharpening just about anything with a cutting edge!
Made here in the USA to our specifications, these icy blue scythe stones have a carefully formulated blend of features that have fast made them a favorite.
Made from heat-treated blue synthetic sapphire crystals in a ceramic bond, they cut quickly yet leave a very fine finish. They absorb water readily and hold it well, leaving a thin layer of moisture on the surface to keep them biting without glazing. The resulting edges are not only shaving-sharp, but downright "tacky" with slicing aggression. Finer than any of the other scythe stones we offer, but no less rapid in their honing action. The medium-hard bond allows the stone to be used with firm pressure if desired, and to resist gouging when used to hone dinged or rolled edges.
- Abrasive Type: Blue Synthetic Sapphire (Aluminum Oxide)
- Grit: 22 Micron (FEPA F 360 | ANSI 400 | JIS 700)
- Cut Finish: Fine
- Cut Speed: Fast
- Bond Strength: Medium-Hard
- Weight: 5.8oz
- Length: 9"
- Width: 1 & 3/8"
- Thickness: 1/2"
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During holidays it could be slightly longer. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Standard US Mail - average transit time is 3 to 7 business days; however, most arrive in 3 to 4 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day Air - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- USPS First Class International - average transit 7 to 21 business days
- USPS Priority International - average transit 6 to 10 business days
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days