Handmade in Germany
The Rheinland pattern - a traditional German wide-bit blade - is exceptionally well suited for cutting work. Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany, these hatchets are named after the region’s famous Rhein River Valley. The Rhein was a historically significant source of trade and growth for settlements in the region throughout the medieval period, and cutting axes like these were a daily necessity for people carving out towns and villages in heavily forested regions along the river. These hatchets perform well at limbing branches, making kindling, carving, and other light and fine cutting work.
- Head Weight: 1 ¼ lbs.
- Total Weight: 1 ¾ lbs.
- Bit Length: 4 in.
- Handle Length: 14 in.
- Hand-forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge
- Vegetable-tanned Leather Sheath
*Handle colors may vary, and we cannot guarantee color.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Economy Flat Rate - average transit time is 5 to 10 business days; however, most arrive in 5 to 7 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- FedEx International Economy - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- FedEx International Priority - average transit 1 to 3 business days