2.25 lb. Dayton axe head outfitted with a 24″ curved hickory handle. Popularly referred to as a “boy’s” axe. A “mid” sized tool. Dayton pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio, area.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 24″ curved American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Order can take up to 3 business days to process through our warehouse. During high volume time, it could be up to 6 business days. All transit times are based on once your order ships.
WITHIN UNITED STATES:
We offer the following options:
- Economy Flat Rate - average transit time is 3 to 7 business days; however, most arrive in 3 to 4 business days.
- UPS Ground - average transit 1-5 business days
- UPS 2nd Day Air - transit time 2 business days guaranteed
OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
Shipping charges DO NOT INCLUDE any duties, taxes, and/or import fees impost by your country's custom and/or clearance offices.
We offer the following services to most areas:
- USPS First Class International - average transit 7 to 21 business days (certain countries)
- USPS Priority International - average transit 6 to 10 business days
- UPS Standard to Canada - average transit 1 to 3 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - average transit 2 to 5 business days
- UPS Worldwide Express - average transit 1 to 3 business days